Welcome!

Hello people! Once upon a time, I worked at a store called "Rocket Fizz". At the location I worked at, we had over 300 different sodas. Therefore, I got to try a lot of different sodas, and I haven't stopped since. Here is where I tell you all, the general public, my opinions on various sodas I've tried. (note: sadly not all are at Rocket Fizz)
Want me to review a specific soda? Send me a suggestion!

*note: I have hypersensitive taste buds to certain Red Dyes...they taste bitter to me. So that may affect my review.*

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Why ChalkWater?

once upon a time, there was no soda. Thats right. No Soda. crazy, huh? Soda was actually invented in the late 18th century by a man named Joseph Priestley. He wanted to replicate the naturally 'carbonated' mineral waters. How did he go about doing this? well, he dripped sulfuric acid (then called oil of vitriol) onto chalk creating carbon dioxide gas, the infusing said gas with water. This was the predecessor to what is now simply soda water. Later this soda water was mixed with syrups, juices, and other such things to create what we now know as sodas. And it all started with acid, chalk and water.

No comments:

Post a Comment